Content Writing Guide: KickstartMonday
21st Aug, 2018
Welcome to the 3rd edition of our Gaffg KickstartMonday series where where we help to start your week off on the right foot. You can find all of our KickstartMonday series here. In this edition of #KickstartMonday we focus creating content where this is essentially our Content Writing Guide. In this article we feature the following:
- Content Research
- Content Writing Ideas List
- Video Content
- Scheduling your content
- Is your Content Converting? Track it with Google Analytics
- Content Writing Tools & Apps
- Shorts News Weekly Summary
- WagerOn: New affiliate program
- Genesys Affiliates: Featured affiliate program
- Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins: What I'm listening to this week
- NSFW Banned Commercials: This week's LOLorWTF
- Use Google: Just type in a keyword and see what content is ranking and read that content. If they are on the first page for that keyword that might be a chance the content is fairly good and you'll understand what standard you'll have to live up to. One final tip is to pay attention to the other websites that rank for some content, you'll find that not everything will exist on a standalone website and sometimes it can be on another social media site like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
- Check your competition: If you know whom your competitors are then have a look at what they do. At what rate are they producing content and how is the content quality?
- Content idea generators: There are plenty of them available but you don't need them all. If you can't come up with any ideas then use this content generator tool which uses Google Docs and made by the people at builtvisible.com.
- Google Keyword Research: This has been moved into Adwords to try to get you pay for traffic. https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
- Series Posts: This article is part of a series posts, all about #KickstartMonday.
- How to Post: These topics are endless and are easy to convert you user, a few ideas like how to launch a website with Wordpress or how to deposit with Neteller. Many people search for these very questions, your how to posts make it easier to help them.
- List Post: This doesn't have to be a blog post but could be a page. Lists are always useful to people so give them what they want like a list of email service providers for webmasters or a list of casinos taking players from the United Kingdom.
- Interview Post: These are fun, fairly easy to do and benefit the person you are interviewing as well giving them a platform to talk about themselves. We do it often here at Gaffg.
- Review Posts: You can have your regular reviews but you can do it as a post as well.
- Video: Content isn't just about writing, you can possibly get more value out of making videos and in many industries people just don't do enough of it for many reasons like not knowing how to produce a quality video, not taking the time to make one or if it comes to involving themselves in a video just not having good presentation skills.
- Evernote: You can take notes anytime on any device.
- Google Docs: Just write articles anywhere you want
- Dropbox: If you are not using this then there is something wrong with you. For about $100/year you get 1TB of storage.
- Dragon Speech Recognition Software: Instead of typing, just say it and let Dragon software automatically produce it as text for you.
- Camtasia Screencasting Software: Make videos easily and upload to YouTube.
- Odesk.com: Ok if you don't want to write any of this good content yourself and want to outsource it, find someone on Odesk.
Share or Comment Now!Join the discussion below and give us your thoughts on this article, if you want to read more KickstartMonday articles then click here. If you think someone else would like to read this article then like or share it. If you have ideas you want to share for future articles just contact us and it would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime may our KickStartMonday help get your week started on the right foot. Have a productive week!
21st Aug, 2018